This sandwich inspired in part by the meat lover’s cheesesteak at Bruchi’s. To be honest the sandwich turned out slightly dry by itself, but adding on some mayonnaise fixes that problem perfectly. I think this sandwich fits well for October.
To make a stuffed loaf you take a french bread, cut a slit in the side then hollow it out, leaving about a quarter inch of bread as lining. Make up your stuffing, in this case my meat lover’s hash, then wrap it in tinfoil and bake it at 350 for about twenty minutes.
– 1 crusty French loaf, hollowed out
– 2 German sausages, sliced
– Half pound of ground beef
– 1 red onion, diced
– 1 pound of fajita steak, sliced thin
– 6 slices of bacon, fried crispy and crumbled
– The innards of the loaf, chunks of bread, fried in the bacon grease.
– 6 slices of provolone cheese, three on the bottom, three on the top.
– Mayonnaise to taste