One of my new year’s resolution was to become better at cooking Italian. I decided I would practice at least three dishes until I perfected them. Of course, this spilled over into my sandwich making.
I’ve spent the past week chasing the perfect fettucine alfredo recipe. The best alfredo recipe is actually the original, and it is very simple.The problem is, you can’t really make it without pasta. So I had to use a modified alfredo sauce recipe for this sandwich. Thankfully, it was still fantastic (the secret is lots of butter. LOTS of butter.)
This is the longest sandwich I have ever made. I measured it before eating and it was 22 inches long. The flavor was great, I ate too much.
- French baguette, split down the middle
- about a cup of home made alfredo sauce (butter, heavy cream, parmigiano reggiano, salt and pepper)
- three boneless skinless chicken breasts, seasoned and sauteed in olive oil
- three strips of prosciutto (did you know this is uncooked pork? holy crap!)
- four ounces of marinated braided mozzarella
- chopped parsley